The biased left mainstream media isn’t reporting the truth on guns and how many shootings have occurred so far 2018. Continually, the Left pushes and exploits these mass shooting for gun control agenda.
Since the 1991 Columbine shooting, there have been 227 children killed in a fatal school shooting and 23 of those were elementary kids.
Here’s are the facts that they aren’t reporting on:
In 1991, there were 28,874 shooting deaths in America and 641,000 victims of gunshot wounds.
In 2017, there were 15,590 shooting deaths in America and 70,000 victims of gunshot wounds.
What do these numbers mean?
So, in 25 years we have almost cut shooting deaths by 50%. It means that the control laws that we have in place are working. There is progress being made.
No wonder the media isn’t reporting on this!
Fake News Alert! There are not 18 School Shootings in the first 45 days of 2018!
Within a few hours after the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in South Florida. On Wednesday, a stunning number swept across the Internet within minutes of the news.
An organization tweeted at 4:22 p.m. that “is the 18th school shooting in the U.S. in 2018.”
It is an alarming wrong statistic!
That number came from the organization Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit group, co-founded by Michael Bloomberg. They work to prevent gun violence and is mostly recognized for its running tally of school shootings.
Mainstream organizations such as MSNBC, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, Time, MSN, the BBC, the New York Daily News and HuffPost used this wrong number in their coverage of the shooting. It had become so widespread that by Wednesday night, Google’s the top suggested search after typing “18” became “18 school shootings in 2018.”
Even Bernie Sanders included the wrong statistic, and by Thursday evening it had been liked more than 45,000 times. Jeff Greenfield, a political analyst, also tweeted it, and it got 126,000 likes. Other biased left celebrities tweeted it such as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasioit, Cher, Alexander William, Misha Collins, and Albert Brooks.
Maybe, just maybe, after 18 school shootings in America in just 43 days of 2018 the Congress might want to consider common-sense gun safety legislation and save innocent lives.
— Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) February 14, 2018
What is the truth?
According to the Daily Wire, two incidents were of someone shooting themselves on school grounds:
- First, on January 3, a man shot himself in a former school’s parking lot.
- Then on January 10, in Arizona, a teen committed suicide by shooting himself in an elementary school bathroom.
A bullet was fired four times through a school or dorm’s window with no injuries:
- On January 4, in Seattle, a gunshot was fired at a high school through an office window.
- On January 10, a shot was fired shattering a California State University classroom window.
- Also, on January 10, in Texas at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center, a bullet was unintentionally fired through a classroom wall.
- On January 15, a bullet traveled through a residential hall’s dorm room.
Other shootings with no injuries:
- On January 25, a Mobile, Alabama, high school student fired a gun on campus.
- On January 26, in Dearborn, Michigan, shots were fired from a car in a parking lot; no injuries were reported.
- On February 5, in Maplewood, Minnesota, a third-grader pulled the trigger on a cop’s gun.
- On February 8, in New York, a shot was fired inside Metropolitan High School.
The shootings involved someone who was injured other than the shooter:
- On January 22, Italy, Texas, a teenage girl was wounded by shots from a semi-automatic handgun.
- On the same day, in Gentilly, Louisiana, a 14-year-old boy was injured in a shooting.
- On February 1, in Los Angeles, California there five children that were injured in an accidental shooting.
- On February 5, in Maryland, a teenager was shot outside of a high school and injured.
The shooting where there were fatalities:
- On January 20, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, a football player was shot and killed.
- On January 23, two people were killed in Benton, Kentucky and another 15 were shot at Marshall County High School.
- On January 31, during a fight at a Pennsylvania high school where a 32-year-old man was shot and later died.
This non-profit organization took these incidents and exaggerated the facts. Before Wednesday’s shooting, out of the 17 “school shootings” three students were killed, and approximately 30-35 students were injured.
Of course, these numbers should be zero, but there have not been 18 shootings in the first 45 days of 2018. This is fake news! Plus, it is another example of the Left trying anyway that they can to pass laws that give up our gun rights.
As Samual L. Jackson said, “I don’t think it’s about more gun control. I grew up in the South with guns everywhere, and we never shot anyone. This [shooting] is about people who aren’t taught the value of life.”