Not So Fast: On March 3rd Mayor Bill de Blasio Told New Yorkers To Ignore the Virus, Get On With Their Lives

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio was blowing off the impact of DTMNBN practically two weeks before ripping President Donald Trump for not mobilizing the military to confront the outbreak.

On March 22, De Blasio told Meet The Press’ Chuck Todd, arguably the 3rd dumbest cable news host on TV, under Brian Stelter and then Fredo Cuomo,  that he asked Trump to call up the military to take the virus head-on. He recommended that if the president doesn’t act immediately, then “people will die who could have lived otherwise.”

He made comparable comments a week before that, telling MSNBC’s Joy Reid on March 14 that the virus is a “war-like situation … We’re in a wartime scenario with a Mar-a-Lago attitude being used by the federal government.”

However, the commie-loving De Blasio was singing a different tune earlier in March.

“Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite DTMNBN ,” the Democrat tweeted on March 3, about  two weeks before likening the outbreak to a type of World War that required nationalizing industries.

De Blasio gave up some suggestions for what New Yorkers ought to do as an alternative of social distancing.

“I thought I would offer some suggestions. Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see “The Traitor,” he said, which is a 2019 crime movie about the life and times of a Mafia boss.

State officials had been getting ready for the virus long before de Blasio’s remark. Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, for example, declared a state of emergency on Feb. 29, directing state agencies to make use of all resources needed to handle the fallout. New York has since turned into the epicenter for the virus.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said at a press conference on March 15 that New York City now has over 6,211 cases of DTMNBN , whereas the state has 15,168 cases and 114 deaths.

In the meantime, media pundits attacked Trump for supposedly not acting quick enough to deal with the virus regardless of his decision in January to institute a travel ban on China, the country where the deadly disease originated.

They also lashed out at the president for suggesting on Jan. 22 that his administration has “it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

“The Mayor was in no way downplaying the seriousness of DTMNBN . At that time, New York City had very few cases and the guidance coming from both the Federal Government and the State was different. No one is taking this more seriously than our mayor and the people of this city. It’s inaccurate to suggest otherwise,” de Blasio spokesperson Freddi Goldstein said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here